With Addictive Drums 2, we’re taking it to the next level. More world-class instruments, more amazing sound shaping features, more tools for rhythm creation and transformation, and total freedom to pick only the kits and add-ons that are right for you. All this while maintaining the fast, clean, musician-centric interface that made us successful in the first place. We hope you’ll love what we have made.
► Build your perfect kit
Don’t like your snare drum or crash cymbal? Swap them out in seconds with any other kit piece in your drum collection! Want to turn down the ride, turn up the cowbell and maybe beef up your kick drum by linking it to an electronic sub-kick? Not a problem. The Kit page makes all this easy.
This page is where you can make changes to your drum kit. Easily modify any of our professionally designed presets or build your own presets from scratch. Our simple interface presents information in ways that musicians understand while eliminating unnecessary complexity.
► Tweak your sounds to perfection
Are you a recording engineer at heart? Do you love diving down to the individual microphone and instrument levels and tweaking everything to perfection? We think you’re going to be very happy when you see all the amazing features on the Edit Page of Addictive Drums 2!
This page contains in-depth controls to let you tweak specific parts of your kit (like the Kick, Snare, or other parts). Here, you’ll find things like multi-band EQs, compression, distortion, tape simulation, our brand new Tone Designer and Transient Shaper modules, and much more.
► Find the perfect beat
Addictive Drums 2 is more than just great sounding drums in your music. It’s also a collection of outstanding rhythms and grooves played by professional drummers. Even if you are an experienced drum programmer, you’re sure to find inspiration here. The only thing better than these beats would be hiring a professional drummer, booking a studio, and spending hours recording.
On this page, you can browse through all of the rhythms to find your inspiration. If you have a specific beat in mind, it’s very easy to search your collection using the Grid Search tool. And if you’d like to modify an existing beat to make it uniquely yours, the powerful Beat Transform system makes it easy. And once you find a beat you love, simply drag-and-drop it to your host’s timeline. Easy!
► Add great drum effects
The FX page contains two Delerb effects. This outstanding effects processors combines delay and reverb effects in one place and lets you push the sonic envelope. With two of them at your disposal, you’ll have no shortage of options when designing exciting sounds.
► Find new ways to use your kits
ExploreMaps let you step through all of the ADpaks and audition and select any of the professionally designed presets. Each preset includes a beat that was specifically designed to show off that preset in the best light. You can also audition ADpaks you don’t own yet to get a taste of what they have to offer!
WHAT’S NEW IN ADDICTIVE DRUMS 2?
- Our new Transient Shaper gives more or less ‘snap’ to individual kitpieces or your overall drum mix.
- The new Tone Designer makes a drum sound more or less dampened, letting you add or remove ringing with ease.
- Two Delerb processors combine Delay and Reverb effects that are ideal for drums. A unique ‘Swirl’ thickening feature and advanced EQ give sound designers lots of exciting new options.
- Six additional Kitpiece Slots let you build kits with up to 18 individual drums.
- New FlexiSlots let you load additional Kicks, Snares, HiHats, and more.
- Kitpiece Linking lets you easily link drums for a fatter sound.
- Specialty “Trigger” Kitpieces (sine waves, white noise, one shot drum samples, etc.) open up a world of new sound design options. You can link them to acoustic drums to give more “oomph” or even use them on their own to create new analog and digital drum machine sounds!
- New Response section lets you tweak performances to fit them into a mix.
- Two MultiFX inserts on every channel for even more sound design options.
NEW BEAT CREATION TOOLS
- New Beat Transformer lets you tweak any existing rhythm to make it fit into a track and to make it uniquely yours. No more cookie-cutter beats!
- New Grid Search system lets you quickly find the beat you hear in your head!
- Improved Beats Browser lets you easily browse beats to find your inspiration.
- The Record MIDI feature saves time by letting you record MIDI directly from your host software into Addictive Drums 2.New 4 band EQ with additional Low and High cut controls.
- You can now Drag’n’Drop Audio directly from the Addictive Drums 2 engine. Play a drum—or even a whole rhythm if you like—and simply drag it as an audio file straight into your music software’s timeline or desktop.
- New “Sound Ideal” search system lets you sort all your presets from ‘clean’ to ‘distorted’ to help you narrow down and find the right sounds quickly.
- Snapshots makes A/B comparisons super easy. Take snapshots of all your settings and instantly recall any four snapshots instantly.
- New CloudSync system means your presets are always up to date and with you no matter where you choose to work.
- Standalone version of AD2 is your perfect jamming companion. Fire it up quickly and start playing along without dealing with your music software. The new Tempo control makes it easy to adapt beats to your needs.
PLATFORM : WiN32/64 – VST/AAX(MODiFiED), MacOSX – AU/VST